The annual meeting of the Tishomingo County Development Foundation was held on Thursday, November 7 2019, at Cedar Creek Ridge Farms.
Awards include the following:
- Industry of the Year--Vanleigh RV
- Business of the Year--Hometown Pizza Iuka & Burnsville
- Volunteer of the Year--Belmont Promotional Association
- Development of the Year--hago Automotive
- Bob Yarber Leadership award--Senator J. P. Wilemon
- A special award was presented to the Kelly Segars family for their decades of involvement in community development
The Honorable Bill Waller, Jr., was the featured speaker. The son of Governor Bill Waller, Sr., William L. Waller, Jr., served on the Supreme Court of Mississippi for 21 years and was Chief Justice for 10 years, retiring in 2019. Waller served in the Mississippi Army National Guard, earning the rank of brigadier general. Waller was a Republican candidate for Governor of Mississippi in the 2019 primary election.
Officers include Eric Daniel as the 2020 chair, Don Hall as the 2020 vice chair, and Ferrin Burress as the first vice chair and secretary-treasurer. A certificate of appreciation was presented to Butler Whitehead for his service as the 2019 chair.
The annual report can be found on the county´s web site.